The purpose of this policy is to set out the basis on which personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by Empee Silk Fabrics. The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. What is Personal Information/Data?
When we refer to personal information we mean any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. Under data protection legislation it is known as personal data.
3. What Client Data Do We Collect?
Whilst commissioned to service or maintain equipment at a location either owned or occupied by you, we may collect various categories of personal information. Typically, this will include, but is not limited to:-
· Personal Details – Full name, Title
· Contact Details – Telephone number, mobile phone number, correspondence address, email address etc;
· Financial Details –Bank account details.
4. How We Collect Client Data
We may record, use and store any telephone, postal, e-mail or other electronic communications provided by you. This is to ensure that we can refer back to any instruction you may have given to us as well as to ensure that the information we provide you with is accurate.
5. Empee Silk Fabrics Web Site.
You may browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The information we collect whist you are using the web site, is only that which is required by us so that we may deliver the site functionality, information you have requested or searched for and to provide you with our services.
However, if you may choose to register with Empee via our website. By doing so you will be providing your details which will be stored on the Empree Silk Fabrics systems for future use, including regular mailshots.
6. Why Do We Collect Client Data?
The personal information we collect is used to:
· Enable us to provide you with information about our products and services;
· Enable us to provide you with our products and services;
· Enable us to contact you regarding general product and service level matters;
· Keep you informed of new features, products and services available from us;
· Ensure that we comply with necessary laws and regulations.
· Ensure that our website is compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors.
7. Disclosing Client Data to Third Parties:
· We will not sell, share or rent your name, email address, or any other client data to any third party for marketing purposes;
· On occasions it may be necessary to disclose client data to a third party; for example, the processing of a transaction for a matter which Empee Silk Fabrics have been instructed by the same client;
· We may at our discretion disclose client data that is required by the police (or other organisations with a law enforcement role) for the prevention and detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders;
· We may disclose specific personal information where we are required to by law.
8. Right to Be Forgotten.
Under GDPR clients have the right to “be forgotten” and for their personal data be removed from the Empee Silk Fabrics systems. Clients may request to “be forgotten” by writing to the Senior Administrator at Empee Silk Fabrics. However, this can only be actioned if the work we have been commission to perform has completed and if there are no business or regulatory need to maintain the data. No reasonable request to “be forgotten” will be rejected, and in these circumstances personal data will be removed from the systems.
9. Request for Access
Under GDPR clients may request access to their own personal data held by this firm. This request must be made in writing the Senior Administrator. In such circumstances details of the private information being held will be made available, and copies of correspondence which contain this information will be sent to the requestor. Copies of requested data will be provided within 1 month of the request being submitted.
10. How We Store Client Data.
Your data will be stored securely in line with industry best practice. The security measures in place are reviewed annually;
For further information please contact the Senior Administrator.
Date Written: - May 2018
Review Date: - May 2020